Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Hunt for a Instant Messaging Client


There is lot going on this topic.
The best one I known is "Yahoo Messenger" until I bought my mac.
Mac Os X comes with "ICHAT". Ichat is an wonderful client for networks like JABBER & BONJOUR.
But sometime is pain in the back with Windows system. When you invite for audio or video chat, you will never get any response.
If you digg into the apple forums, there are lot of information about how does QuickTime player affects the I chat and How to open the ports all those stuffs. After all my readings and research, Mac to Mac ICHAT is the best.

I installed Yahoo Messenger in Mac, But there is no Voice chat capability? only I can Video chat. That is no fun. You can't IM your expressions. So I got to get something great and good which can do Video and voice and has to be compatible to Mac Os X & Windows. Thats is the point I started this Hunting. But still searching.

The Next one is GOOGLE Talk. What in the world with google? Google talk only supports IM and Voice chat, but it does not support Voice chat for Mac OS X.

Again I left out with the option Quit Mac Os X and start using Windows.
Windows I wouldn't say is the best Os in my point of view. Boring OS. nothing interesting or nothing new there. They are just grinding the same stuff again and again with different versions. If I put it in my mechanical point of view Windows is riding in a American made sedan car, Mac is like riding in a sports car.

Finally I decided to quit Mac OS X but in the other hand I don't want to use Windows. So my next option is LINUX. I installed FEDORA LINUX in my pentium3 Laptop. Amazingly it is a mixture of other two OS. I love working with FEDORA.

The simple example I would say configuring my router and networking. As simple as it is and the GUI is great. In the other hand i got two unix terminals on network. The first thing I tried is "ssh" commond, Worked really great. So I am enhancing my UNIX capabilities now.

Pidgin is one of the IM client comes with FEDORA OS. You can configure YM,AIM, ICQ, IChat.....everything with Pidgin. But same problem does not support the Voice and Video chat. So my hunt is still on.......

No comments: